Thursday, February 26, 2009

6 Months Old

Jayna had her 6 month well baby check up yesterday. She's doing great! She weighs 19 pounds and is 26.5 inches long. She is in the 95th percentile for her weight (but we all already knew that!) and the 75th percentile for her height. She hit a major growth spurt between 4 and 6 months.

She is developing quite well. Her lungs and heart sounded great. She's doing everything she's supposed to be doing. She's rolling and sitting and reaching for things. Just a few days ago she began playing peek-a-boo by herself. She'll cover up her face with a stuffed animal or burp cloth and then move it very quickly and just laugh! It's very cute! When she moves the object from in front of her face, I say, "There's Jayna!!" and that intensifies the laugh by 10!! So cute!

She wants to touch, hold, play with and chew on EVERYTHING!! It used to just be her toys and a select few things like the remote control or my cell phone. Now it's EVERYTHING! The table legs when she's playing on the floor. The dogs. The dogs' toys. The placemats on the table. My beer bottle. Yes, I said my beer bottle. EVERYTHING is hers...or so she thinks. When she starts crawling, we're really in for it.

Also, this is big news...forgot to tell you all!! I had Jayna's 6 month pictures taken at Target last Sunday. I've gotten her pictures taken at Target every month since 2 months. I decided on monthly pictures for the first year because she changes so much from month to month. Anyhoo, on Sunday, Target had me sign a release so that her 6 month pictures can be used in the Portrait Studio displays! My baby will be hanging on Target Portrait Studio walls!! Awesome!

And some photos of the Jayners at 6 months...

Funny faced Jayna


Why you down there?


Why you up there?

I'm cute!

Hello, world!

2 comments:

Susi said...

Isn't she LOVELY! What a CUTE little face. I Love those pictures.

Anonymous said...

what a cutie! :)